Holding Deposit Specified Information (Wales)
Under The Renting Homes (Fees etc.) (Holding Deposit) (Specified Information) (Wales) Regulations 2019, when taking a holding deposit, specified information must be provided to the contract holder.
The specified information includes:
- the amount of the holding deposit (which is limited to no more than one week's rent)
- address of the dwelling in respect of which the deposit is paid,
- where a holding deposit is to be paid to a letting agent, the name and contact details of that letting agent,
- where a holding deposit is to be paid to a landlord, the name and contact details of that landlord,
- duration of the contract
- proposed occupation date
- the amount of rent or other consideration
- rental period
- any proposed additional contract terms or proposed modifications to fundamental or supplementary terms or terms proposed to be omitted from the contract,
- the amount of any security deposit
- whether a guarantor is required and, if so, any relevant conditions
- reference checks the landlord (or letting agent) will undertake
- information the landlord or letting agent requires from the prospective contract-holder
The form is available in the other forms part of Tenancy Builder.
As one of the requirements is to provide any proposed additional contract terms or modifications to fundamental or supplementary terms or terms proposed to be omitted from the contract, there is the option to include a draft copy of the Guild periodic occupation contract. The draft has a watermark on each page showing only a draft.
If you use your contract, you must include a draft copy with the form after downloading it.
*A subscription is required to download forms.
Subscribers can download forms, including this one. Click to see the pricing and benefits of subscribing