Membership of an Association
There are several landlords and letting agent associations, and it is worth considering paying to join and become a member. Membership normally includes:
- a regular newsletter giving advice
- updates on housing laws or policies as they change
- the chance to make representations on proposed changes to regulations, the law or tax
- discounts for services such as insurance
- individual advice if there is a problem.
Associations often hold periodic meetings where there is an opportunity to meet others and discuss issues and problems. Through the network of other members, you can obtain ideas and procedures to resolve matters on managing more successfully.
A landlords’ association that operates nationally is the Guild of Residential Landlords.
For agents, there is the Private Rented Sector Professionals (PRSP).