Applying to the Court for Rent Arrears Only

If it is not necessary to obtain possession, a landlord may wish to make a claim under the occupation contract for debt using the small claims procedure of the County Court. The court will determine the amount awarded at the date of trial. If a claim is being made for interest on arrears, this must be stated on the claim form because interest will not be added to the debt automatically. If the sum is cleared and further arrears arise, it will be necessary to submit another claim.

Related Forms

Landlord's Pre-Action Protocol Toolkit: Letters & Forms

Navigate the Pre-Action Protocol for Debt Claims confidently using our templates, including letter of claim, information sheet, and reply form.

Certificate That Rent Statement Part of Business Records

section 9, Civil Evidence Act 1995 which provides that the records of a business (which includes a rent statement) may be given as evidence in court "without further proof"